Follow these simple steps with the new Configure Engines dialog box in Smedge 3 version 2.0.7 and later:
- Make sure all of the Engines you want to configure are online.
- Select all of the Engines you want to configure in the Engine list.
- Choose "Configure Engine Settings..." from the Engine Menu (or the Engine List's context menu), or use the keybaord shortcut Alt+E.
- Set up one Engine however you like:
- You can use the new "Load" and "Save" functions to save all of the currently visible Engine's settings (from all tabs) into a text file.
- You can use the new "Reset to Default" functions to set all settings for the currently visible Engine to a preset default, which you can customize with the "Save as Default" button.
- Once your currently visible engine is set up, Click the "Copy All Settings to All" button to propogate the currently visible Engine's settings to all of the others.
- Press "OK" to confirm the changes and send the new information to the system. If you do not click "OK", all changes you made will be discarded, and no Engine will have its settings changed.
You can use the "Include Details" check box to determine whether the Engine Details text information is also copied. Check this box if your machines are all the same hardware and OS, uncheck it if they are different.
You can still copy individual settings to all of the other Engines using the buttons with the red triangls, and you can still switch to each Engine individually using the list of Names at the top of the Window, like in previous versions.
To configure mapped drive letters for all Products on all Engines at one time, you can use the Mapped Drive Manager in SmedgeGui. Select Engine > Mapped Drive Manager. You must be in Administrator Mode to access this command.